There are many opportunities for you to contribute to the life of the church by sharing your skills and talents. Serving together on a team can be a great way to make new friends and can also become a valued part of your personal and spiritual growth. Here are just some of the areas where you might consider joining in:
Music & Worship
Music has a vital role in the church, and there are opportunities to enjoy it and/or be part of it: Adult Choir, Worship Team, etc.
- We are always happy to welcome new voices in the choir.
- Are you a musician or vocalist? Consider joining the Sunday morning Worship Team.
- The children's and youth programs welcome musicians and song leaders.
- Are you a techie? Would you like to help with the sound, visuals, or livestream on Sunday mornings? Training is provided.
- Do you like meeting people? Consider being a Greeter on Sunday mornings as a member of our Connection Team.
- Are you most comfortable serving behind the scenes? Are you at home in the kitchen? Coffee and tea makers as well as snack providers are needed for many church activities.
- Would you like to open your home for special youth group events?
- Would you like to host university students for Sunday lunch?
Children and Youth Ministries
There are many opportunities to serve in our children's and youth ministries:
- Caregivers for infants and toddlers on Sunday mornings
- Leaders and teachers in the Spring, The Stream, and MidStream
- Youth group leaders and mentors for The Brook and The River
- Arts and craft specialists
- Musicians and song leaders
- Games leaders
- Snack preparers
Set up and Maintenance
- Do you have a skill or trade that can help us keep the church building in good repair?
- Do you enjoy mowing grass? We always need volunteer lawn mowers in the summer season.
- Many church activities require set up and take down afterwards.
- Sunday mornings we provide a shuttle service for Mount Allison students who want to attend the morning service (10:00am pick up).
- Drivers are often needed for youth group events.